There’s no faster way to win negative Airbnb reviews than with a messy rental.
The cleanliness of your Airbnb property has a direct impact on your guest’s experience. Not only can an uncleaned Airbnb leave guests feeling cheated, but it can also result in greater hygiene concerns that can lead to problems between you and local health authorities.
Keeping your Airbnb clean is paramount for ensuring guest satisfaction and building an exceptional reputation on the platform. With the help of a professional cleaning service, you can ensure your Airbnb is always in excellent condition.
In this article, we discuss the necessity of hiring a professional Airbnb cleaner, as well as key considerations for finding the right service for your property.
Keep reading to learn why professional cleaners are a vital part of an Airbnb team!
Why Do You Need a Professional Airbnb Cleaner?
For some Airbnb owners, the costs of professional cleaning services outweigh the benefits.
Rather than hiring a professional service, these owners opt instead to clean their properties themselves. While this can be extra work, it can also lead to greater savings — right?
Not so fast.
Unless you are experienced in cleaning residential and rental properties, you may not be aware of all that goes into keeping a property in tip-top shape. As a result, while you may save money by not hiring a cleaning service, you may ultimately lose more if your guests are dissatisfied with the state of your rental.
Moreover, vacation rentals require regular maintenance that goes beyond wiping the counters and floors.
Professional cleaning services can be a great convenience, saving you time during your rental turnovers and completing cleanings with much greater speed. Additionally, professional cleanings can also be essential for preventing major maintenance issues in your rental property as well.
While you can certainly handle this responsibility yourself, there are professional cleaners for a reason — and as a smart business owner, you should make use of all the professional resources you can get.
Plus, Airbnb allows you to set your own cleaning fee on your listings, so you can make sure this fee covers your professional cleaning service expenses.
What Airbnb Cleaning Services to Look For
When looking for an Airbnb cleaning service to hire, it is crucial to first know what you are looking for.
For example, do you want a cleaning service that can do basic maintenance between stays, or do you need a professional cleaner for a deep clean after a particularly messy guest? Does your Airbnb just need a standard cleaning, or do you need additional services like yard or pool maintenance as well?
Knowing what types of services you need is the first step to finding your ideal professional cleaner.
Here is a quick breakdown of the different types of cleaning services:
- All-in-One: An all-in-one cleaning service offers every service you could possibly need, but often at a higher price point. These types of services are often best for property management companies that have multiple rentals to clean and maintain.
- House Cleaning: House cleaning services generally include all of your basic cleaning necessities, such as mopping, vacuuming, sanitizing, and other key tasks. A house cleaning service will often offer varying rates, depending on what rooms you need cleaned and how often.
- Deep Cleaning: Deep cleaning is a part of regular maintenance that does not need to happen as often as house cleaning. This can include cleaning a stove’s grates, shampooing carpets, and performing minor repairs. These are the tasks that can happen on a seasonal or annual basis.
- House Maintenance: House maintenance refers to tasks that are essential for the structural and hygienic integrity of your property. Key tasks under this category may include gutter cleanings, air filter replacements, foundation repairs, and other important home maintenance needs.
- Yard & Amenity Maintenance: If your property comes with a yard or extra amenities, such as a pool or hot tub, you are going to need to consider maintenance for these as well. You will generally need a more specialized service provider for yard and amenity maintenance, though some all-in-one cleaning companies may offer these services.
How to Find and Select the Right Cleaning Service for Your Airbnb
Finding and selecting the right cleaning service for your Airbnb comes down to three key factors:
- The Scope of Cleaning Needed: As covered above, different types of cleaning services serve different purposes. Figuring out which services you need is the key to finding a cleaning professional that offers the right services for your property.
- Your Cleaning Budget: It is essential to determine a budget before reaching out to cleaning service providers. This will give you the boundaries you need to find a quality cleaning service that won’t break the bank or render your property unprofitable.
- How Frequently You Need Cleanings: Cleaners will have varying availability. When choosing a cleaning professional, make sure to choose one whose availability matches the frequency of cleanings you need. For instance, an Airbnb that is rented almost every day of the month will need a professional cleaning service with weekly or even daily availability.
Independent Cleaners vs. Airbnb Management Services: Which is Better?
Once you have set your cleaning budget and determined the scope and frequency of the cleanings you need, it’s time to choose who to hire.
You can find a cleaning service from one of two main providers:
- Independent Airbnb Cleaners: An independent Airbnb cleaner can be a solo person or a small team that specializes in cleaning rental properties. These services often come at more affordable prices, though their availability can vary. Oftentimes, an independent cleaner will offer mainly house cleaning, deep cleaning, and basic maintenance services. Airbnb maid services for rental turnovers are one of the most common examples of an independent cleaning service.
- Airbnb Management Services: Airbnb management services are more all-encompassing services that cover all of your bases — from cleaning to scheduling. This is generally the pricier option but can provide you with more services overall. Hiring a management service can be especially beneficial for Airbnb owners who live far away from their properties. This approach also allows you to adopt a more hands-off Airbnb ownership strategy. Our recent article is a must-read if you’re seeking a top-notch Airbnb management company. In it, we cover all the essential information about management companies and provide guidance on how to find the best one that meets your needs.
Popular Sites for Finding an Airbnb Cleaning Service
If this is your first time hiring an Airbnb cleaning service, don’t worry — we’ve got you covered with a list of three of the best sites for finding these services.
Here are three popular websites for finding Airbnb cleaning services:
- Yelp: Yelp is easily one of the best websites for finding service providers of all kinds, from cleaners and maids to landscapers and repairmen. With Yelp, you can easily research different companies and choose the best one based on customer reviews, pictures, and more. Plus, Yelp is great for finding a cleaning service in your local area!
- Angie’s List: Angie’s List helps you find certified professionals in your area — and home cleaning is one of the top services people use this website for! With Angie’s List, you can widen or narrow your search according to which services you need. There are all types of professionals on this website waiting to be hired, including handymen and remodelers.
- Airtasker: Airtasker is a website for outsourcing tasks like cleaning, interior design, plumbing, and so much more. This site is your one-stop shop for any independent contractor you can think of that you may need along your Airbnb hosting journey.
Final Thoughts: A Clean Airbnb is Key
Keeping your Airbnb property clean and presentable is the key to establishing a well-loved vacation rental that guests want to return to again and again.
By hiring a cleaning professional, you ensure that your Airbnb is in the best shape possible and guarantee an exceptional rental experience for your guests.
As you work to find an Airbnb cleaning service, remember these three key takeaways:
- Remember to take care of both between-stay cleanings and regular maintenance to keep your Airbnb functioning optimally.
- Find a professional cleaner that offers the services you need at a price point that fits your budget.
- Consider using an Airbnb management service to cover all of your needs as an Airbnb owner. At S&T Properties, we offer full-service vacation rental management services. To learn more about how we can assist you and what we have to offer, please visit our website.